College Blog
WEEI.com Blog Network

Video of Darrelle Revis fight is released

02.20.17 at 10:08 am ET
By
Jan 1, 2017; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Jets corner back Darrelle Revis (24) runs off the field after a game against the Buffalo Bills at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: (Brad Penner/USA TODAY Sports)

Darrelle Revis has three years remaining on his contract with the Jets.(Brad Penner/USA TODAY Sports)

The Darrelle Revis saga continues to get more bizarre.

Revis is accused of knocking out two men during a street fight in Pittsburgh last weekend. TMZ Sports posted a video Sunday of the altercation that shows the two victims laying unconscious on the sidewalk while an unidentified man boasts about punching them out.

“Hey, I knocked both of these mother f—— out, both of them,” he says in the eight-second clip. “They both asleep. Shut up before I knock your ass out next.”

The Pittsburgh Police Department confirms the video is from the incident in question. Revis, 31, is the only person who’s been charged. He’s facing two counts of aggravated assault, and one count each of robbery and conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, as well as a misdemeanor count of terroristic threats.

In a statement obtained by the New York Post, Revis’ lawyer says his voice isn’t featured in the video.

“Darrelle Revis absolutely, categorically and positively did not knock out anyone, did not conspire with anyone to commit an assault, did not say ‘shut up before I knock your ass out next’ and surely did not ‘rob’ another of a cell phone,” Robert Del Greco Jr. said. “The voice and admissions made on the video are NOT that of Darrelle Revis. We have no doubt but that further investigation relative to the clothing and voice verification will corroborate the above assertions.”

According to law enforcement, Revis had an altercation with two men who recognized him and approached him at 2:43 a.m. last Sunday. One of them took out a cell phone and started recording the star cornerback, who allegedly took the device and threw it onto the street. An unidentified male then supposedly came to Revis’ aid. The 22-year-old and 21-year-old victims say they were knocked unconscious shortly thereafter. Their story is corroborated by witnesses.

Revis has maintained his innocence from the start. His Pittsburgh-based attorney, Blaine Jones, told the NFL Network last week Revis wasn’t the aggressor. The seven-time Pro Bowler turned himself into Pittsburgh police Friday night and was released three hours later. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday.

Given Revis’ struggles on the field last season, the Jets may look to cut him if he was involved in the incident. He inked a five-year, $70 million deal with $39 million guaranteed to return to New York in 2015. If the Jets release him this offseason, they’ll be on the hook for at least $6 million.

Read More: Darrelle Revis, New York Jets,